The Blood Red Moon


 I  was super excited about witnessing the Blood red moon. I've not seen any meteor showers or any sort of astronomical event (besides the usual solar or lunar eclipse) so when I heard that I'd actually get to witness something unusual- something that occurred once in a  blue moon (pun intended?), I was so unbelievably excited.  I watched the whole thing from our balcony. It was freezing cold and I really couldn't see all that much. Just a smudge of red in the distance.  But I stayed. I watched as the moon went from Red to the most dazzling white I'd ever seen. My friends and I joked that the moon was the new ambassador for Colgate. But for what it's worth, even though my camera was incapable of taking good pictures, I got to be part of the event from my spot on the planet.  Actually being able to see something truly 'Awe-some'  

Comments

Popular Posts