Good Vs Evil


I don't introspect all that much but when I do, I'm constantly wondering what sort of person I am. Am I a good person? Am I a little bitch? What is a good person anyway?
I never really get any answers to what I'm looking for. But maybe that's okay. I don't really think I actually want an answer. I like to just think about the possibilities that lie in how we define these things. Does a mistake in your past make you a bad person for the rest of your life even if you're trying not to ever be THAT person again?  It's hard to think about these things sometimes. It makes me sad and I just end up feeling dissatisfied. 

" Why on earth did you start thinking about things you know you won't like"
"Stop beating yourself up! You're a good person."
"Remember that thing you did a few months ago to THAT person? How do you sleep at night?"
"If it's the thought that counts, what if I do the good deed because I know that it's the right thing to do but actually inside my head I'm loathing the fact that I was ever nice to you. Am i still a good person? Do my actions matter at all if my motivations weren't as pure?"

My inner monologues drive me crazy. I hope writing it out here on the internet where it can get lost in a sea of thoughts and opinions can give me some peace. I'm being honest to myself. Whether I get judged for it or not, I'm being honest in a way I wish I could be in reality.

Maybe, one day I will be.

If the person that I
once was
Met the person I
am
now
I am sure the two would
argue up
a storm
Or stare at each other with
a
scowl.
If the person I
once knew
Met the person he
is
today
They would laugh and get along
just
fine
And watch as I
wasted
away.

Comments

Popular Posts